MMA Don’ts in 5!
What is and what is not allowed in MMA? Every MMA fighting organisation has its own specific rules, and some universal rules do exist. Today, we take a quick look at what’s not allowed.
- No groin attacks
- No knees to the head on a grounded opponent
- No strikes to the back of the head or the spine
- No head-butts.
- No eye gouging
- No fish hooking
- No fingers in an opponent’s orifices
- No biting
- No hair pulling
- No strikes or grabbing of the throat
- No manipulation of the fingers or toes
- No intentional grabbing of the ring or cage
- No intentional throwing of your opponent outside of the ring or cage
- Accidentally performing any of these earns you an automatic warning from the referee
- If your opponent was injured from your accidental action, he is entitled to five minutes to recover
SMA’s dedicated and professional teachers are always at hand to take you through all the universal rules of MMA. Contact us for more.